Tired from work, I turned to my staple bag of spring mix greens and a few assorted toppings for a simple dinner. I happened to have some extra goat cheese from a previous recipe that could easily be fried with a crispy coating. The warm goat cheese added a warmth and comfort to the salad with a lovely tang coming from the dressing.
While I made this salad for one, this could easily be made for a crowd. In fact, this is a classic salad on most catering menus. Perfect for entertaining.
- 4 goat cheese sliced disks, cut ¼” thick & chilled
- ¼ cup dried seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 2 cups spring mix
- 6 – 8 carrot peels
- 3 Tbl. craisins
- 3 Tbl. light Italian dressing
- Heat a nonstick frying pan with olive oil to medium high. Dip each side of the goat cheese slices in the egg white. Then coat all sides with the seasoned bread crumbs. Fry the slices for 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown.
- Lightly toss the greens in the Italian dressing. Top the salad with the carrot peels, craisins, and crispy goat cheese slices.