As I scroll through my Facebook news feed, I’m watching as nearly every friend is baking cookies this weekend. This time of the year, it’s all about “comfort food” – aka carb central. And I am definitely guilty of having my fair share of them lately, including a pan of Classic Lasagna.
I am beginning to crave leafy greens in the form of salads, the simpler the better. I paired the pan of cheese and pasta goodness with an easy pear salad. Crisp, sweet and crunchy all at the same time. I was on cloud nine with each bite.
This salad is perfect for any occasion. Consider adding a piece of grilled chicken breast or salmon. Then pair it with a cup of soup for a delightful light lunch.
- 1 (9 oz) bag of spring mix lettuce
- ½ cup chopped candied dates
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 (medium-sized) unpeeled pears, cored and sliced
- 1 Tbl. lemon juice.
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Divide the lettuce, dates and blue cheese among two to four salad bowls. Toss the pears in lemon juice and fan the slices on top of each lettuce mound. Drizzle each portion with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.